BitTorrent - Torrent App
Download and share files that include movies and music
BitTorrent - Torrent App is the official BitTorrent app for Android, allowing you to find, download, and play content downloaded via BitTorrent protocol. Produced by the inventors of the BitTorrent protocol, BitTorrent - Torrent App is the most stable and best-supported torrent app currently available for Android. Despite its elegantly simple interface, this app provides you with many options to control your downloads as well as many powerful media player features. The latest update of this app contains many useful features, including WiFi-only mode to ensure that your cellular data is not used for downloads and Canonical Peer Priority which actively minimizes the hop distance between you and your download peers to ensure fast download speeds.
You can download either regular torrents or magnet links, pause and resume torrents effortlessly, and even download multiple torrent files simultaneously in your downloads queue. Each download shows a running percentage of the file downloaded as well as a visual representation neatly visualized in a donut chart, the current download speed in kB/s or MB/s, and an estimate of how much time remains in the download. With the new integrated media player, you can play music files even as you download new torrents and easily manage music files in your "up next" queue. The powerful search bar allows you to find torrent files from directly within the app.
- Download torrent files easily directly from your mobile phone!
- Enjoy a fully integrated music and video player with advanced features and an "up next" queue.
- Download regular torrents or magnet links and select individual files within a larger torrent package to download.
- WiFi-only mode ensures that mobile data is not used for downloads.
- The new Canonical Peer Priority minimizes the average hop length between you and your download peers, ensuring maximum download speeds.
- You will need to upgrade to the paid Pro version to get the ad-free experience, auto-shutdown feature, and battery saving preferences.
What's new in BitTorrent® v3.29-3.32
✔ improved RSS
✔ bug fixes
✔ improved core library communications
✔ Nougat support
✔ Update 3rd party libs
✔ Bug fixes
✔ Tools and SDK update
✔ Request permissions at runtime (6.0+)
✔ improved core and DHT stability & speed
✔ Music player access from anywhere in app (swipe left)
✔ (Pro) Automatically shut down torrenting when app is in background
✔ Easy access to music & videos via media library
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.